Tuesday 24 August 2010

Girlie Weekend

My sister came all the way from the other side of town to see Eclipse with me at my local haunt. She is such a doll, I know it was a frantic morning getting over here by 10 am in time to see the movie.... It was fun and we loved it. Again I heard the Florence and the Machine song 'I'm So Heavy in Your Arms' in the credits of the movie and I so need to get this, love this song.....
So scrapbooking wise, I have 2 layouts that are about 2 great songs...Credits: Where Did She Come FromCredits: I'm So Heavy In Your Arms
My sister and I had a lovely time. Walked around the shops until 3.30 in the afternoon, we were exhausted by the time we got home, so we had some Midori and watched a Russell Brand DVD I bought. Then hubby went and bought pizza for tea and we watched a vampire movie. Then we watched 'Enid' a movie about Enid Blyton with the wonderful Helena Bonham Carter.
She went home the next afternoon, which was entirely too early, but she has a family of her own and needed to get back to them but we had a great time. Tho next time I will buy something else a bit stronger... Midori is just lolly water, lol!
Happily, on the Friday I was able to pick up the 2 Hard Ons CDs I had ordered and my package from England came with the Hard Ons CD and DVD: 'Hard Ons Versus Europe 2007' from their record company Boss Tuneage. So on the Saturday I watched the video with my sister, lots of fun!
Today, while I was trotting around the internet, I found this cool song 'You Don't Like Rock and Roll' by Hunx and His Punx. It is a scream, cool and so true. Like I said on my sisters video blog, if you don't like The Ramones, then I don't wanna know ya! LOL! (that is really a joke... after all, my husband doesn't like them, lol!)
Here are the lyrics to the song, I may have one or 2 wrong, but I just had to write them down, so fun!
You Don't Like Rock and Roll
It's not that I think you're bad looking,
You don't like rock and roll
It's not that I don't like your cooking
You don't like rock and roll
I think you've got a nice body
You don't like rock and roll
All my friends think you're a hottie
But you don't like rock and roll
What the heck is wrong with you,
I think you've sniffed too much glue
You don't like rock and roll And I don't like you.
I kinda think you must be retarded
You don't like rock and roll
I don't want to leave you broken hearted
But you don't like rock and roll
The music you like won't get my ears buzzing
You don't like rock and roll
I think your parents must have been cousins
You don't like rock and roll
What the hell is wrong with you
I think you've sniffed too much glue
You don't like rock and roll And I don't like you.
You like Morrissey and like U2
What the f*** is wrong with you
Are you deaf or just plain dumb
You don't like Joey you don't like John
You don't like the Ramones
So you gotta leave home
It hurts me boy to say goodbye
But you don't like rock and roll
You know I hate to see you cry
You don't like rock and roll
The music you like totally spoils it
You don't like rock and roll
I wanna shove your head into the toilet
You don't like rock and roll
What the hell is wrong with you
I think you've sniffed too much glue
You don't like rock and roll and I don't like you.

No comments: