Sunday 13 February 2011

Valentine's Day

Hubby had 2 days off last week, to do stuff with his new bike and he got me an early Valentine's present.... a kitten....  Since my beautiful black and white cat, Asreal died, I have missed having a cat in our lives but wasn't ready to get a new one. Plus the kids keep me plenty busy, of course. I really wanted a Himalayan cat or a Rag Doll cat... I liked the cream fur with the brown nose and ears.... I don't want a pure bred, but just a kitty with that colouring.... anyway... the kitty he got me is a grey and white long haired male kitten and I had a bit of a hissy fit, tho I kept it inside.... I wanted to wait until our last and lonely guinea pig passed on and I really didn't want a cat in this house as we live on a busy road and I did sort of want to choose my own cat, but I had to tell the husband that the cat was lovely and he was wonderful otherwise it would be moody town around here, so I went for a walk to calm down... I got home and sulkily said... "I was expecting an Ipod or a gym membership, not  a cat"  So the next day when I got home from my walk to my local shopping center, on the table was the paper work for a year membership at a gym that is at my local shopping center! Yippee! We don't usually give Valentine's presents, I was just feeling a bit miffed that he had put us in debt for his bit of spoiling and I felt I deserved to be spoilt a bit too and now I do feel really spoilt! He had been going to customise his bike but decided that he liked it just fine the way it is, so he spent that money on the gym membership instead, yeah for me!  :)  And btw... I do love our new kitty... I am a cat person and it didn't take me long to fall in love with him... Many years ago, when my sister and I were living together, a friend of mine, who was a Ramones fan, had a little grey and white kitten that she named 'Joey'... but she couldn't look after him, so she gave him to me. My sister, being my elder sister and being a bit bossy and having no nonsense about her (love you sis!!!) she decided that I wasn't able to look after him either, so she took him to a cat shelter. Apparently he got a good home, but I still missed the opportunity of being a cat's Mum and was pretty glum about it and I have never forgotten little Joey that was given to me by my friend, Candy. Well, as soon as I got home and saw the kitten in Rob's arms and he said, "Now you have to give your cat a name" I immediately thought "Joey" would be the perfect name for this little mite too.... so yes, he is sort of named after Joey Ramone and sort of named after the cat that was mine for a day.
Joey 
Friday was a sad day for our family, as it was my Uncle's funeral. Julie had a nice photo of Uncle Don on the casket and a photo of my Uncle and Aunts and my Mum when they were kids. It is a special photo to all of us Grandkids and when I saw it, I just couldn't help crying.
Uncle Don is the eldest one, then Uncle Kevin, my Mum is the eldest girl and then Aunty Barb and baby Aunty Pam, they are in North Quay in the city on the way by ferry to Lone Pine. This would have to be about 1949. I must get around to scrapping this photo. My eldest Uncle, Uncle Keith, who died 13 years ago is not in the photo, no one remembers why, tho he may have been working by that time as boys started work fairly young back then and he would have been about 15 by the look of Uncle Don's age in this photo.
This week I will be busy going to the gym and getting familiar to all that and on Friday I will be going out to lunch with my sister and cousin at Black Jacks in the city.
Tomorrow, for Valentine's day, I will have mini chocolate love heart cakes, love heart shortbread biscuits, chocolates and for tea we are having love heart shaped pasta. Wishing everyone lots of love for tomorrow, Happy Valentine's Day!!!  :)

No comments: